Organic coconut butter (65% fat content)
Yupik’s coconut butter is a luscious spread made of dried coconut meat, ground up into a creamy paste. As any other coconut–derived ingredients, coconut butter is filled with nutrients that are beneficial for your health. With its nut butter-like consistency, you can easily sneak it into your any sweet or salty recipes, as you would do with peanut butter or almond butter. Experiment freely, you will be amazed by the outcomes. Coconut butter’s subtly sweet, yet robust flavor will enhance the texture of your desserts, smoothies, coffees, hot drinks, fruity or chocolatey snacks and more with just a few spoonfuls. Its innate versatility, will naturally ignite your creativity! The only recommendation: keep your cooking masterpieces out of reach from kids and coconut lovers, they will be gone in a flash! The more you use coconut butter, the more you will find new, delicious ways to include it to your menus. Prepare yourself for your next nutritious addiction!
INSIDE THE SCOOP: a spoonful of health benefits
- Organic certified
- Contains 65% fat content
- Contains lauric acid, a 12-carbon fatty acid which is found in breastmilk, and may boost your immune system and reduce inflammation
- Easy to digest as composed primarily of medium-chain fatty acids, which are immediately burned and converted into energy, rather than stored like longer chain fats.
- Source of fiber potassium, magnesium, iron
COCONUT BUTTER vs COCONUT OIL: what’s the difference?
The main difference between coconut butter and coconut oil lies in their nature and culinary uses. Coconut oil is extracted from coconut. It is made exclusively of fat and has a neutral flavor. Instead, coconut butter is made of grinded coconut meat, and has a thicker and richer texture. It also contains other nutrients besides fats, such as potassium, magnesium, iron and fiber. Coconut oil is generally used as substitute in recipes calling for oil, while coconut butter is considered a baking ingredient and a healthy add-on for drinks and snacks. Despite these differences, both coconut derivatives provide a great deal of health benefits: it is not for no reason that coconut is known as tree of life.
CULINARY TWIST: 7 ways to use coconut butter
Coconut butter is as easy to use as it is delicious. Follow these tips and join us in the "coconut challenge":
- First thing in the morning: swirl a teaspoon of coconut butter to your coffee or tea, and add that little extra creaminess that will lead you to the sky in instants!
- For a more festive breakfast, spread coconut butter over pankakes or a toast and fuel up with energy at every bite.
- Add coconut butter to your morning oatmeal, rice or quinoa porridge for a balanced breakfast that will get you through the day in high spirit no matter what happens!
- At snack time, drizzle coconut butter over a refreshing fruit salad.
- Take your pasta recipes to the next level with this revisited version of an Italian classic: dairy-free creamy tomato sauce! Combine 1 tsp of coconut butter with 1 cup of warm pasta sauce and and whisk gently to distribute evenly.
- Make a homemade dressing that can brighten even the most boring desk salad: egg free mayonnaise powered with coconut butter. Place ½ cup coconut butter, ½ cup warm filtered water, ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil, 4 cloves garlic, ¼ tsp sea salt in a blender and pulse for 2 minutes. Let it cool for 20 minutes and serve.
- Reward yourself with a decadent, guilt-free treat: coconut fudges twisted with orange juice. To make 8 servings, mix 1 cup organic coconut butter,1 tsp pure vanilla extract, ½ cup shredded coconut, ½ tsp sea salt, 1/4 cup organic raw cocoa powder, 2 tbsp pure maple syrup in a medium sized-bowl. Place the mixture in a container lined with wax paper. Pat the mixture to a flat layer and refrigerate until firm. Grab a bite, share the joy, spread your wings and fly! These are the no.1 coconut lovers' life dream!
ABOUT COCONUT BUTTER: Did you know?
In Asia, coconut butter is used to style hair. It has healing and nourishing properties that make hair shiny. Coconut butter has also a cooling effect on the head.
HOW TO STORE COCONUT BUTTER: Preserve the freshness!
Store Yupik's coconut butter in a clean, cool and dry place under normal room temperature of 28°C-32°C. Coconut butter can harden upon exposure to low temperature but returns to a shortening-like consistency when re-exposed to warmer temperature (28°C to 36°C)
|Special diet||Organic / Bio, Kosher / Kasher, Vegan / Végane, Gluten Free / Sans Gluten, Sodium Free / Sans Sodium|
|Daily Satur. Fat||285|